Saturday, 22 June 2013

My Garden & Turning 24

Yesterday was the first day of summer, which also happens to be my birthday. This is the time of year when the garden really starts to come together and fill out. We're growing quite a lot this year - herbs, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, green beans, lettuce, raspberries, strawberries (although squirrels keep eating them), and a lot of flowers. I'm really grateful to have so much property to grow things on - not having any was one of the reasons I really disliked living in Toronto.

I'm really excited for my twenty-fourth year. A lot of things have changed in my life in the past few months and I'm feeling really positively about the future. In the past six months I've worked really hard, both professionally and personally, and it's paid off more than I could have anticipated. Truthfully, I can't wait to see what the next year of my life will bring. On that note, I think I'll cheers myself with an afternoon beer (not joking at all) and leave you with some nice pictures of my garden.
 rosemary
 thyme

 lettuce
 garlic
peppers

1 comment:

  1. I may need to borrow a beer... hahahah

    ReplyDelete